Faiths Together in Lambeth (FTiL) is an independent, borough-wide body, fostering constructive relationships among faith communities and promoting faith and multi-faith involvement in civic life.
In fulfilment of this role FTiL seeks to:
- Foster knowledge and understanding between faith communities.
- Offer solidarity, ensure inclusion and promote social cohesion.
- Co-ordinate social action across faith groups.
- Work with the council and other public bodies for the benefit of the whole community.
- Function as a resource for faith communities.
The charitable objects of FTiL are the promotion of religious harmony for the benefit of the public by:
- promoting knowledge and mutual understanding and respect of the beliefs and practices of different religious faiths; and
- educating the public in different religious beliefs including an awareness of their distinctive features and their common ground to promote good relations between persons of different faiths.
Registered Charity No: 1155787
A Mayor of Lambeth Charity 2016/17:
Enhancing harmony among the faiths, communities and citizens of Lambeth.
Faiths Together in Lambeth is a member organisation of the Inter Faith Network for the United Kingdom